To be honest, this started out as the toughest post to write so far. I rarely take fashion inspiration from music, so coming up with ten inspiring songs was quite a challenge. I could only come up with one song that truly inspires me, and I’ve decided to save it for Day 27: One Song that Fits My Favorite Lolita Style, so you’ll just have to wait to find out what it is anyway.
You’d never know it from this list, but I actually primarily listen to punk and hip hop. When I get ready for a meet though, these are some of the songs I listen to most. There’s a range here, from dark to silly, but in general I find that these do a good job of getting me into a frilly sort of mood.
- Vivaldi – The Four Seasons (Winter)
- Emily Autumn – Opheliac
- John Dowland – Lachrimae No 2
- Frank Sinatra – You Make Me Feel so Young
- Rasputina – Humankind as the Sailor
- Kyary Pamyu Pamyu – Tsukematsukeru
- MC Melod¥ Doll – Throw it in the Bag
- My Fair Lady – The entire soundtrack, but especially “I Could Have Danced All Night”
- Kanon Wakeshima – Still Doll
- Bach – Brandenbury Concerto No. 3 in G major