Today marks the first official day of the 30 day Lolita blogging challenge! Exciting. Today’s topic is 10 things about my Lolita bubble.
- I have somehow formed the idea that I’m only really interested in wearing Classic Lolita, but lately I’m constantly fighting the urge to make every coordinate super Sweet. I guess it’s time I updated my own self-image and embraced my inner Sweet Lolita.
- One of my favorite things is helping new Lolitas get started in the fashion. There’s something beautiful about seeing interest turn to obsession and then finally to passion, and I love being able to answer questions and offer help when asked for it.
- I’m a sucker for a good forest animal print. Or a bad one, tbh. I think that’s why my favorite brand is Innocent World. They have so many cute forest prints. Bring on the forest critters!
- I love to wear Lolita, but feel pretty self-conscious wearing it alone. I sort of admire lone Lolitas for their bravery, but feel extremely lucky to have a fair number of real-life Lolita friends nearby when I feel like donning my frills.
- At the moment, I’m about 90% satisfied with my current wardrobe, but I would like to add more jewelry to help with versatility.
- I really love the Gothic style and honestly envy girls who can pull it off, but I don’t think that it suits me at all.
- Despite my aforementioned love of Gothic, I can’t get into Moitie. I’ve tried, I really have. But I have yet to see a piece of theirs that really speaks to me. I’ll keep looking, though!
- I recently obtained my ultimate dream dress, but now I’m a little scared to actually wear it. I’m pretty clumsy. I’ve halfway convinced myself that I’m just waiting for the perfect event, but deep down I know the truth: I don’t want to spill tea on it.
- I will adamantly deny the existence of “bittersweet” until my dying day.
- I’m currently saving up to go to either Rufflecon or Disneyland Lolita Day in 2017, but I can’t make up my mind between the two.